Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Preparation


I'm feeling really ready and confident as I approach the birth of our baby. Last night, we finished making the "birthing playlist" and I've been finishing some reading. Meditation and music has become a very prominent part of my daily life, and I'm feeling peaceful and strong. A beautiful quote to share with you:

"There is no way out of the experience except through it, because it is not really your experience at all, but the baby's. Your body is the child's instrument of birth."
--Penelope Leach

My strength has been tested throughout this pregnancy, and all-in-all I believe that I can offer my child a blessed birthing experience. I trust my child, I trust my body, I trust the higher power.

For Singer,
Jess

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I've said it before but it bears repeating--what a lucky baby to have you as his mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you and John and especially Singer. I love you. YAYA

    ReplyDelete