Saturday, March 26, 2011

Searching for Spring


This past Friday, Singer and I had a special mommy-son date. We ventured out to West Chester, PA (about 45 minutes from Philadelphia) to pay homage to the beautiful Longwood Gardens. We know that Spring is just around the corner, but at Longwood it's already here!

I didn't really know what to expect. I had heard that these grounds and indoor gardens were incredible, but I had no idea how truly amazing they are. Longwood is a maze of greenhouses to get lost in, and that's exactly what we did. Hours passed by like minutes as we took in every bloom. It was heavenly.

I also have to mention how accommodating Longwood Gardens is for families. The paths are very stroller-friendly, there is a fun Children's Garden with musical activities, fountains and a flower maze, and there are convenient baby-changing stations in the restrooms (what a treat! In Philly, sometimes you never know where you'll end up changing your baby!).

The best part: we were there for the International Orchid show. Wow. It was incredible. These tiny delicate flowers mesmerized us, and the artistry of orchid breeding was so apparent. Of all the beauty I've tried to expose my kid to, I think this day may take the cake. Singer couldn't get enough.


Thank you, Longwood Gardens, for the beautiful gift!
Stopping to smell the roses,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment