Friday, July 9, 2010

We're readers...


With an infant, no matter how hard you try, you don't get out much. It's cool. Singer and I have discovered the wide world of reading. I've always enjoyed books, but while I was preggers, I took a break from reading fiction/fun books and read only pregnancy books. Now, I've passed the pregnancy books on to one of my girlfriends who just found out she's expecting.

Singer and I venture to the library at least once a week. And we are really turning into a couple of book worms. I know what you're thinking. "Your baby is two and a half months old. He doesn't read!" But I'm telling you, Singer really does enjoy book time.

His favorites:
Good Night Moon
Each Peach Pear Plum
Harold and the Purple Crayon
The Wheels on the Bus
The Big Hungry Bear

My favorites:
Time Traveler's Wife
Water for Elephants (about to finish)
and I'm starting my Cormac McCarthy craze. My friend Tobi told me to read them all, so we're off to the library to start.

Also, I'd like to mention that it's been 103 degrees in Philly this week. Reading it is, then!

Books, books, books,
Jess

2 comments:

  1. Check out Baby Cakes by Karma Wilson. That has been B's favorite book since he was little-bitty. I think the sing-songy rhymes make him happy. :)

    I'll be interested in what you think of Cormac McCarthy. For some reason I've never been able to get into his books but I know people love them. Maybe I need to try again.

    And how great is Water for Elephants?? Love it! It's being made into a movie--yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy - You, Ricky and Little Ricky need to come to Florida sometime, stay with us and go to the Ringling Museum in Sarasota. (you might even talk the Noels into meeting you here!)

    ReplyDelete