Sunday, May 30, 2010

The "yard"



Everyone in South Philly calls the outdoor space in the back alley a yard. This is funny if you're from Texas; the yards in the south are often measured in acres. Our Philadelphia "yard" is about four feet by six feet, and it backs up to the rest of the block's yards. Basically, we're all connected by an alley that is just wide enough for John to ride his bike down.

I wanted to show you what I'm talking about, and I wanted you to see some Texas elements that we include in our Philly yard to make it a little homier.


Here's our little diaper line:


Wind chime in the corner: annoying the neighbs, I'm sure.

Our Roma: I have to give credit to my hubby. He's been doing all the gardening this year.



We brought Paco from Texas. He watches over our "yard" :)



This year's Basil is just starting: mmmmmmm!
And, on an unrelated note, Singer wanted to show off his new curves:
What a chunk!

Happy SUMMER,
Jess

2 comments:

  1. What a cute onesy! Where ever did you find it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the diaper line--hilarious! And love that cute boy!!!

    ReplyDelete