Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day (on a budget)

I'm recapping John and my Valentine's Day yesterday to prove that couples can still have a super fun, romantic day during these recession times. I love my husband, he's my best friend, and we don't need to spend a lot of money to celebrate that. We can celebrate our love in thrifty ways :)

--I woke up early to the sound of John showering and shaving (a rarity on the weekends). He smelled delightful all day, and he was smooth-faced. Lovely.

--While I was showering, John went to the Italian bakery down the street and picked up pastries!! So GOOD! I ate way too many, and probably put the baby in a sugar-coma...poor baby.

--Then, we went through all our photo files, and picked out about eight that we're going to frame for the baby's room. The cool thing about this is that we've been together for five years, and we have a lot of memories. It was a lot of fun going through past adventures that we've had together, and it was romantic too!

--We went to John's lab so he could set up and experiment, and he talked me through his process. It was crazy meticulous, and it made me appreciate my husband's brain. Then, we went for a walk around UPENN's medical school. These old buildings make up a sort of maze, and it was fun getting "lost" in the campus.

--Came home, ate leftovers and took a nap while watching the Olympics. Luging = Snoozing (for me anyway).

--I baked John a "Fudge Brownie Cake" after our dinner of soy hotdogs, baked beans, and collards. He loved his Valentine's Day treat, and I was really proud of my new-yet-fabulous baking skills.

This was such a special day for us because we made and effort to spend time together and love on each other. I couldn't have asked for a better V-Day.

Love is all you need....seriously!
--Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment